For your little,startled,thoughtless ways,
For your ponderings,like soft dark birds,
And when you speak ‘tis a sudden sunlight.
I love you
For your wide child eyes,and fluttering hands,
For the little divinities your wrists,
And the beautiful mysteries your fingers.
I love you.
Does the blossom study her day of life?
Is the butterfly vexed with an hour of soul?
I had rather a rose than live forever.
“You see I think everything’s terrible anyhow, ” she went on in a convinced way. “Everybody thinks so—the most advanced people. And I KNOW. I’ve been everywhere and seen everything and done everything.” Her eyes flashed around her in a defiant way, rather like Tom’s, and she laughed with thrilling scorn. “Sophisticated—God, I’m sophisticated!”
-Daisy Buchanan (The Great Gatsby)
passion pit: sleepyhead
la roux: bulletproof
lady gaga: bad romance
built to spill: car
neutral milk hotel: song against sex
bomb the music industry: stuff that I like
stars: your ex-lover is dead
beach house: lovelier girl
brand new: jesus
fleet foxes: white winter hymnal
- me (via text): I think I know what I want to do with my life but I don't want to tell you because you won't take me seriously.
- dad: What does that mean? All I ever want is for you to be happy and have a passion.
- me: Yeaahhh but it's something goofy & I wouldn't even know where to start.
- dad: I'll help you start. Whatever it is, I'll help you and we will make it happen.
- krisi, I was completely serious when I said I would start a bakery with you. Like, for real, let's sit down and make a business plan.
DON’T DO IT KAIT DON’T DO IT!
ok seriously what is the ~ for on a keyboard?!
it’s been bothering me all day.
I know it goes above letters, but that won’t work on a keyboard.
so what is it?!